Non-Standard Home Insurance

If your home is considered to be non-standard, it’s likely that you won’t be able to obtain a quote for a standard home insurance policy. Talk to our experts about Specialist Home Insurance.

FOCUS can provide specialist cover for your home if it’s a non-standard property. For example, if it’s in a flood risk area, has been affected by subsidence, or is unoccupied.

How can we help?

The UK is now experiencing the worst floods on record and one in six UK properties is at risk of flooding from rivers, the sea or surface water. This can cause real difficulty in arranging insurance with many mainstream providers refusing cover.

Similarly, most standard insurers will refuse a property known to be suffering from subsidence.

Your home or property may be unoccupied for a period of time – whether due to renovations/works being carried out, a rental property empty between tenants, or a holiday let empty for the off season.

Listed buildings can also prove difficult to insure as the rebuild cost will often be significant and therefore attract a higher premium than a house of standard construction.

These are just a few areas in which FOCUS can help as a Specialist Home Insurance broker.

Non-Standard Home Insurance questions

If your property has had historic problems with subsidence you are likely to find it difficult to purchase home insurance, even if the problem has been fixed for some time. Specialist home insurance can provide you with a policy to suit your needs.

FOCUS can arrange Specialist Home Insurance for non-standard risks, including:

  • Flood risk areas
  • Subsidence
  • Unoccupied properties
  • Timber/steel frame construction
  • Listed building

FOCUS offers a range of specialist building insurance as well as specialist home contents Insurance to make sure you have the right cover for you and your home. If you need help with your home insurance needs, speak to our team of experts by filling in the form below.