If your company has a computer system - whether it's for trading purposes, using the internet, for sending and receiving emails or for storing data, Cyber and Data Risk Insurance must be considered as essential.
With the headlines full of news about cyber-attacks, how do you know if your company is at risk - and how can cyber insurance help?
- Cyber incident response costs - including IT forensics, legal, breach notification, and crisis communications.
- Cybercrime - including social engineering, theft of personal funds, cyber extortion, ransomware, attacks and unauthorised use of computer resources.
- System damage and business interruption - including full data re-creation, income loss and extra expense, additional extra expense, consequential reputation harm and hardware repair and replacement.
- Network security and privacy liability - including management liability arising from a cyber event and regulator fines and penalties.
- Media liability - including defamation and intellectual property rights infringement.
- Technology errors and omissions
- Court attendance costs
Today’s businesses rely on the internet for services such as online marketing, administrative functions, inventory management, credit card processing, and distribution controls. Any intrusion that disrupts delivery of these services can lead to brand and reputation damage, regulatory scrutiny, stakeholder dissatisfaction, and financial losses.
A data breach could cripple your business, costing you thousands or millions of pounds in lost sales, damages or sanctions.
Cyber Liability provides cover against damage from cyber-attacks, data breaches and other basic risks resulting from electronic communications and data storage. Cyber Liability Insurance will often cover the cost of recreating damaged or lost data – but will not include costs that stem from the loss or damage, such as legal expenses and data notification costs.
FOCUS can offer the full range of Cyber Insurance and Data Risk solutions, including:
- Cyber and data risk insurance arrangements
- Clear, accessible compliance solutions
- Access to expert advice and training
- Cyber threat risk reports
If there is anything we can help you with in the world of cyber-security and data risk please do not hesitate to contact us.
As your business grows and develops, your cyber insurance and data risk needs will undoubtedly change. FOCUS will work with you to ensure that the exposure and risks faced by your business will be protected, leaving you with complete peace of mind.