BSE Indemnity Insurance
The British Society of Echocardiography Indemnity Insurance Facility providing Medical Malpractice & Public Liability Insurance.
Did you know that even with NHS coverage, in certain circumstances the Health Authority may pass the cost of legal action onto the employee? Our facility would cover you provided you are found negligent, other than for an intentional criminal act.
Provided exclusively for members of the BSE, the insurance facility covers the full range of non-invasive Cardiac Physiology duties including Echos & ECGs, Heart & Blood Pressure monitoring including ambulatory and Exercise Stress Testing.
Our new facility effective from 1st May 2020 will be underwritten by Hiscox and offers the following covers:
- Medical Malpractice (Mandatory)
- Public Liability (Mandatory)
- Employers Liability
- Business Equipment – at the premises and anywhere in the UK
- Cyber and Data Liability
The facility is available to any individual BSE member, sole trader or one‐person limited companies. If you fall outside this criterion, cover can still be obtained separately at special rates by contacting FOCUS.
How to Apply
- Read the BSE Information Sheet/Newsletter
- Download and read the Summaries of Cover and Policy Wordings
- Download and read our Terms of Business
- Download and complete the application form then submit this to us via email.
- If you wish to pay by Direct Debit please download and complete the direct debit mandate and submit this to us with the application form.
- Medical Malpractice (mandatory cover) Policy Summary & Policy Wording
- Public Liability (mandatory cover) Policy Summary & Policy Wording
- Employers Liability (optional cover) Policy Summary & Policy Wording
- Business Equipment (optional cover) Policy Summary & Policy Wording
- Cyber & Data (optional cover) Policy Summary & Policy Wording
- FOCUS Terms of Business
- Application form
- Direct Debit application
On receipt of your application, once this has been accepted and all answers provided are satisfactory we will contact you to collect your payment (unless you have chosen to pay by Direct Debit and you have sent us the Mandate already) and arrange cover as per you instructions.
Pending receipt of the policy document we will be happy to issue a letter confirming you are covered should you require this.
If you wish to contact us please contact
Nick Clements Cert CII
Commercial Account Executive
Direct Tel No: 01865 953119
Paul Monaco Cert CII
Commercial Insurance Director
Direct Tel No: 01865 953120
FOCUS Oxford Risk Management Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Registered No. 773843
Registered address is 264 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 7DY. Registered in the England & Wales No. 10428089
‘FOCUS’ is a trading name of FOCUS Oxford Risk Management Ltd
Hiscox Insurance is underwritten by Hiscox Underwriting Ltd (registered in England and Wales, no. 2372789, registered office: 1 Great St Helen's, London EC3A 6HX) on behalf of Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (registered in England and Wales, no. 70234, registered office: 1 Great St Helen's, London EC3A 6HX).
Hiscox Underwriting Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register no. 308922) and Hiscox Insurance Company Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register no. 113849).