Commercial Property Landlord Insurance

When you’re responsible for a commercial building, Commercial Property Landlord Insurance gives you peace of mind that you’re protected against the risks you could be potentially exposed to – from break-ins, fires and explosions and accidents.

What Does Commercial Property Landlord Insurance Cover?

All types of commercial buildings
We can provide solutions for all types of commercial buildings, whether you own residential buildings, office blocks, shops or factories.

Flood-Risk Areas
If your property is in a flood-risk area, unoccupied or of non-standard construction, then we have access to specialist insurance products to suit your needs including Flood Flash.

Arranged on your behalf
Policies can be arranged for or on behalf of property managers, agents, investors, developers, freeholders, residents’ associations, HMO landlords and Right to Manage (RTM) companies.

Owner or Managers Of Property
As the owner or manager of a property management firm, you are responsible for meeting your obligations to commercial tenants. By meeting those obligations, you help your tenants’ businesses thrive as well as keep yourself safe from charges of negligence and insurance claims.

Mortgage Requirements
Commercial Property Insurance meets the requirements of mortgage and loan providers.

Our Solution
FOCUS can provide a tailor-made solution, giving you the right level of protection.

Commercial Property Landlords questions

Also known as Commercial Property Owners Insurance, this cover designed to offer specialist protection for landlords letting out buildings to third parties for commercial use.

Commercial Property Landlord Insurance key features:

  • Cover for the cost to repair or rebuild commercial premises after a fire, exlplosion, subsidence, earthquake or accidental damage. The cover extends to all parts of the building, including fixtures and fittings, cables, glass, and underground pipework.
  • Liability cover for use of the building by employees or the public, including the cost to defend a claim following an accident.
  • Cover for loss of rent if the building is deemed unfit for occupation after an incident and the cost of alternative accommodation whilst repairs are carried out.

As a property owner, you may also want to consider:

  • Employers’ liability – If you employ administrative or maintenance staff, you are likely required by law to carry employers’ liability insurance. This insurance protects you against claims due to employment-related injuries or illnesses, including compensation and costs for accidental bodily injury to anyone you employ, including temporary staff and volunteers.
  • Legal expenses – Legal expenses insurance provides cover for legal costs that result from incidents on your property. Covered legal costs may include property protection, repossession, tenant default, legal defence, contract disputes, debt recovery, tax protection, and bodily injury.

As your business grows and develops, your commercial property insurance needs will undoubtedly change. FOCUS will work with you to ensure that the exposure and risks faced by your business will be protected, leaving you with complete peace of mind.